About The Event
APPIES Malaysia is an annual event that presents a rare opportunity for creative, media, digital and marketing agencies or brands to present their best campaigns to the industry. Despite hosting this event virtually due to the ongoing battle against COVID-19, this is the only event in Malaysia where Live Presentations meets Live Judging. Similar to TED Talks, APPIES is the chance for great presenters with outstanding work to show it off to some of Malaysia's most important industry leaders. This year's winners will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze trophies for 10 brand new categories, and 7 special Best of Best categories (red trophies) that require no submissions!
16 April 2021
Announcement of Finalists
4 May 2021
Judging & Presentations
29 & 30 May 2021
Who Can Participate
✓ Creative Brand/Communications Agencies
✓ Media Specialists/Consultancies and Media Owners
✓ Digital Companies
✓ Marketing/Brand & Consumer Services organisations
Best in Food & Beverage
• All beverages, ie. beers, wines, soft drinks, water, etc.
• Food items, ie. packaged foods, diet foods, confectionery, snacks and others.
Best in Non-Food FMCG
• Detergents, paints, toiletries, over-the-counter drugs, remdies, beauty, personal care, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, wellness, etc.
Best in Festive & Entertainment
• Campiagns that showcase religious/cultural festivals and landmark events like Merdeka Day Includes all forms of entertainment, eg. movies, TV shows, podcasts, events, E-sports, gaming, etc.
Best in Digital & Social
• Campaigns that drive the brand on social, search marketing, contextual, websites, email, podcasts, EDMs, gaming, E-sports, messaging platforms, mobile, etc.
Best in AdTech/MarTech
• Campaigns that deploy Programmatic, AI, VR, AR, data-driven thinking, relevant apps, IoT, 5G, analytics, etc.
Best in Consumer & Business Services
• Financial, retail, travel, airlines, tourism. fast-food, quick service, casual dining, telco products, medical, dental care, education, etc.
• Includes businesses like E-Wallet, Tech & Business, business-to-business services, consultancy, courier, software/hardware management services, etc.
Best in Consumer Durables
• Includes electronics and all home appliances, mobile devices, home entertainment, cameras, computers, washing machines, apparel, accessories, watches, luxury items, property, cars, motorcycles, gasoline, motor oil, tyres, batteries, etc.
Best in Customer Experience
• Includes customer service, digital relationships and UX, activation, CRM, loyalty programmes, influencer marketing, retail innovations, experiential marketing, social good, customer engagement, partnerships, sponsorships, promotions, etc.
Best in E-Commerce
• Campaigns by online retailers that use B2B, B2C, O2O (Offline to Online), Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C), Consumer-to-Business (C2B), Business-to-Administration (B2A), etc. Includes related products like, e-hailing, e-deliveries, e-wallets, e-travel, etc.
Best in Marketing Innovation
• Path-breaking campaigns that utilise omni-channel platforms including innovative technologies, insights and ideas that elevate the brand to new levels of impactful marketing excellence.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES (no submissions required)
• APPIES 2020 Rising Star Presenter of the Year (below 30)
• APPIES 2020 Trailblazing Presenter of the Year (above 30)
• APPIES 2020 Media Agency of the Year
• APPIES 2020 Advertising Agency of the Year
• APPIES 2020 Digital Agency of the Year
• APPIES 2020 Production Company of the Year
• APPIES 2020 Marketer of the Year